Welcome to the Florida-Bahamas Synod Webpage for Global Mission!
The ministry of the Global Mission Table (GMT) is to foster growth and deepen relationships with our Companion Churches and institution using the ELCA model of Accompaniment. We pray for our Companions, listen to them, and learn from them, as we share Christ and His love in our various contexts and cultures. When feasible, we visit each other to worship together and experience each other’s countries and cultures.
The Florida-Bahamas Synod has 5 Companion Relationships:
- The ELH – Eglise Lutherienne d’Haiti
- The ELCG – Evangelical Lutheran Church of Guyana
- The ELKS – Evangelical Lutheran Kierke in Suriname
- Iglesia Evangelica Unida en Cuba – Sinodo Luterano ( IEUC-SL) – Cuba (For more information about our relationship with Cuba or to be a part of this Global Mission Team -please contact: The Rev. Dr. Russell Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The United Theological College of the West Indies (UTCWI) in Jamaica, a primary training facility for Lutheran clergy in the Caribbean
Our mission statement is as follows:
The Global Mission Table of the Florida-Bahamas Synod seeks to ignite and empower its congregations in boldly sharing Christ, passionately making disciples, and faithfully doing justice through accompaniment with our companion churches. Through these partnerships, we strive to encourage one another in faith through relationships, education, advocacy and service in witness to God’s love.
The Global Mission Table is made up of a roster of 18 members, including one of the Assistants to the Bishop. In addition, each companion relationship has a Team that focuses on just that relationship and reports to the Global Mission Table at their bi-monthly conference calls.
We welcome any and all individuals who may have a desire to work with our global church partners to join us in this ministry.
For more information about joining the Global Mission Table or any of the companion Teams – please contact, PJ May, Chair, Global Mission Table at email@example.com or call 239-738-6943.