Employment opportunities in Florida-Bahamas Synod and in Region 9
If you have an employment opportunity you’d like to add to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For other positions available throughout the ELCA, go to the ELCA career site.
Director of Contemporary Music Ministry
Apostles Lutheran Church, Brandon
Apostles Lutheran Church seeks to engage all people in meaningful and grace-oriented worship. The Contemporary Director of Worship and Music Ministry will be the lead staff person in ensuring quality worship and music.
Full description: Contemporary Music Director Sept 2019 FINAL
Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministry
Apostles Lutheran Church, Brandon
Apostles Lutheran Church has a clear mission “To be and make disciples for Christ”. An integral part of that mission is our ministry with children, youth and families.
We are seeking a person to join Apostles’ staff as Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries. This ministry’s mission prospers when staff/volunteers provide children (birth through high school) and their parents opportunities which introduce and grow faith in God. The Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries will be the lead staff person to encourage growth in discipleship in children, youth and families through engagement in Sunday school, Confirmation, and a variety of other events throughout the school year and summer. All aspects of ministry with children youth, and families seek to offer a myriad of education, social, and serving activities that serve the central mission of this congregation.
Full description: Children Youth and Family Ministry Director Apostles 2019
Minister of Music
St. Mark Lutheran Church, Dunedin, FL
St. Mark Lutheran Church of Dunedin, Florida is searching for a new Minister of Music. We are a Reconciling in Christ congregation whose purpose is to Boldly share God’s love and grace in our community and in the world. We are seeking a qualified candidate who feels called to engage with us in our purpose and lead and grow our music program. Currently there are 100+ regular worshipping members with Sunday worship at 9:30 a.m. Our worshipping community is intergenerational and we have a growing population of children and youth. The Minister of Music will serve by leading worship on Sundays, at special services, and will direct choirs and music ministry groups including adult, children, and bells. It is understood that a variety of traditions in styles of organ, piano, bells and various other instruments and choral music is appropriate, and a variety is encouraged. The position is part-time, 20 hours a week and the salary is $22,880/yr. A job description and employment application can be provided by contacting Gerri Brown, Office Administrator at email@example.com.
Office and Social Media Ministry Assistant
St. Matthias Lutheran Church, Dunedin, FL
St. Matthias Lutheran Congregation in Dunedin, Florida is seeking a part-time ministry-oriented office and social media staff assistant.
*This staff person will work with the pastor and leadership team. Duties Include:
Administrative Social Media/Marketing
- Update website weekly with pictures, information, events and invites, ministry pages; Update Face Book, Twitter, Snap Chat and other social media.
- Create monthly newsletter utilizing HTML; Create/order posters, postcards, brochures as needed for marketing, as well as other computer tasks utilizing Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Publisher.,
- Answer phone, maintain message log; Check mail and distribute to respective boxes
- Assist Pastor in clerical areas/worship bulletin needs; Create Annual Report and assist ministry leaders with reports for FB Synod; Assist Treasurer with financial records and statements.
- Organize, update and maintain files; update records such as: baptisms, weddings, funeral and other.
- Update and maintain office calendar of events and space use.
- Keep an inventory of needed office supplies; communicate with treasurer for needed items
- Work with volunteers for completion of projects as guided by pastor; Encourage and empower volunteers to use their gifts.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
Other Tasks, as Assigned
- Special needs may occur such as: conference reservations, compiling information/maps
- Seasonal clerical needs for Advent, Lent, Christmas.
Good communication skills and a positive attitude is important.
The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner is necessary.
Please send resumes and questions to Pr. Nancy Haupert at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Philip Lutheran Church, Mt. Dora, Florida
Setting: St. Philip is a mission-minded congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We recognize dynamic worship is the heartbeat of congregational life and mission and currently have one Sunday Service using the Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) book/hymnal.
General Information: We seek to employ, for a Part-Time Position, an Organist to accompany/lead the ELW worship and direct the Adult Church Choir.
Organist and Choir Director Position Description:
- Play liturgy, hymns and music for 9:30am weekly Sunday ELW Liturgy
- Conduct weekly choir rehearsal and direct choir in weekly worship anthem/worship liturgy
Compensation and Terms
The Rev. Dr. Johan Bergh
1050 Boyd Drive
Mt. Dora FL 32757