Employment opportunities in Florida-Bahamas Synod and in Region 9
If you have an employment opportunity you’d like to add to this page, please email email@example.com. For other positions available throughout the ELCA, go to the ELCA career site.
Choir Director – Atonement Lutheran Church
Wesley Chapel, Florida.
Atonement Lutheran Church in Wesley Chapel is looking for the right person to serve the Lord with our loving congregation as our Choir Director. This part time position would include the following activities:
-Assuming leadership in conducting, directing and rehearsing the choir prior to and during our 10 A.M. Sunday service.
-The ability to work with Lutheran liturgical settings, traditional and contemporary music.
-Choosing choir anthems for weekly Sunday worship and special music for seasonal services throughout the year.
-The flexibility to work with singers of different levels of musical ability and encourage them.
-Recruiting new choir members and seeking opportunities for the choir to perform outside of our church.
-Patience, understanding, and a good sense of humor would be very much appreciated by all choir members.
If you are interested, please contact our office at: 813-973-2211.
Minister of Music – Epiphany Lutheran Church
Epiphany Lutheran Church in Oviedo, FL is looking for a Minister of Music
This position will be part time, 10 to 12 hours per week.
Worship services to include both our 10:00 a.m. Sunday service and mid-week
services such as Advent, Holy Week, funerals and weddings.We require a
music degree or 5 years experience in a Christian church setting.
Must be proficient on a keyboard/piano, experience on an organ is a plus.
E-mail a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail a resume to: Epiphany Lutheran Church
1498 Tuskawilla Road
Oviedo, FL 32745
Office Administrator – Trinity Lutheran
New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
Trinity Lutheran is seeking someone to work 20-25 hours per week, who has a pleasant personality with strong listening and communication skills, who is able to keep information confidential and work with others, who is competent with the computer and Microsoft Office 365 suite, who has the capacity to learn Quickbooks (financial records) and Servant Keeper (database), and who is comfortable with social media. We are offering $18/hour or a rate commensurate with experience. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com by September 13. A full job description is posted on our website or can be obtained by contacting Pastor Tim via email.
For the full job listing, click here.
Newberry College Campus Pastor
Newberry, South Carolina
Newberry College in Newberry, South Carolina is looking for a Campus Pastor. The campus pastor will be the leader of spiritual and religious life on campus, the pastor will be responsible for nurturing and supporting students, faculty, staff, and administration of all faiths and backgrounds.
Must be an ordained minister of Word and Sacrament in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). With at least three years’ experience as a parish pastor.
For the full job description and how to apply, Click here.
Synod Disaster Response Coordinators
Florida-Bahamas Synod ELCA
The Florida-Bahamas Synod has just finished redesigning the office of Disaster Relief for our state and the Bahamas. There are three areas these positions will focus on: Recovery – Coordinating resources (people and supplies) after a disaster in support of local relief agencies; Capacity Building – Providing training and materials for our churches to create both individual congregational plans and also teams from congregations to deploy out for post disaster response; and Ministry – Model and teach our teams how to practice the ministry of presence and appropriate prayer with disaster teams and the families directly affected by disasters.
There will be one Coordinator in the north part of the state and one in the south. These positions are deployed and the work schedule is very flexible given both the time of year and current needs. The Synod Disaster Coordinators will assist the Florida Bahamas Synod with building a disaster response infrastructure and implementing it throughout the state. The position is responsible for assisting the Synod and congregations to be prepared and readied to respond to disasters, ministering to those dealing with tragedy, and building capacity within our congregations to respond in times of need.
Click here for a complete job description.
Ready to apply? Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prince of Peace Preschool, Largo
Prince of Peace Preschool is an established, full-time ministry of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Largo, FL. We are actively seeking an experienced, energetic director to lead our staff and work with families to provide an excellent academic and faith foundation for children in our community. The Director will oversee the daily operations of the Preschool, maintain a healthy, Christ-centered staff culture and environment for children. Minimum 4 years in a supervisory role. Must be current with all necessary credentials and be willing to work in the classroom. Excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal, oral and written skills. Benefits include paid time off.
To be considered for our director position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Holds Bachelor’s degree, in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education or Christian Education. Associates degree in the above disciplines will also be considered.
- Has a minimum of 4 years in a supervisory role.
- Maintains a current Florida Department of Children and Families Director Credential Level I or higher with VPK Endorsement.
- Demonstrates the gifts of leadership and encouragement in working with people in Christian Education and Preschool Ministry.
- Has excellent communication skills both oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills and the ability to learn and operate preschool management program
- Works effectively with others as part of a ministry team
- Willing to work with teachers in the classroom
- Fosters an environment of cooperation and creativity
Contact Person: Joe Glymph, Pastor at Pastorjoe@poplargo.org
Street Address: 455 Missouri Avenue, Largo FL 33770
Send Resumes to (email): email@example.com
Director of LIV-UP
ALOA Florida Region
POSITION SUMMARY: LIV-UP, a project of ALOA Florida Region (Adult Lutherans Organized for Action) seeks a director with leadership experience and a passion for helping seniors “age in place”. Our volunteers provide “helping hands” assistance as neighbors do to help others. Services typically provide transportation to appointments, shopping, errands, simple household chores, technology assistance, and more.
Part-Time: Currently budgeted for 8 – 15 hours per week but expected to grow as this non-profit organization (Lutheran Intentional Village of Upper Pinellas) regains momentum from the COVID 19 slow-down in 2020. Hours are flexible and mostly remote.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
Understanding of the needs of people 55 & older who desire to age in their own homes, Community-minded and service-oriented leader, Creative, positive thinker and problem-solver, Relationship builder, Strong communication skills (verbal, written), Computer literacy and working knowledge of current technology
Key Areas and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management, Marketing & Communication, Community Outreach
Inquiries, letters of interest, or resumes may be sent to:
Margo Walbolt, LIV-UP Co-chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org – or leave a message at 727-378-2186
Director of Youth and Family Ministries
Grace Lutheran Church, Tampa
Grace Lutheran Church Tampa, FL is seeking to hire a full time (40 hours) Director of Youth and Family Ministries for planning, implementing, directing, coordinating and managing Christian Education ministry for the entire Grace Lutheran Faith Formation from nursery to adults. The Director is also responsible for selecting and supervising the volunteer teachers, leaders, facilitators and assistants.
This position requires the equivalent minimum of bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus at least two years’ experience with youth and/or cross-generational ministry and faith formation. Must have a driver’s license and pass driving history and background checks. The applicant must set a personal example of Christian faith and leadership in action, helping the church achieve its goals as set forth in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The position requires excellent relationship building, communication and organizational skills.
The position has been held by a temporary interim director and now we are seeking to find a person to fill this position permanently.
If you are interested in this position please contact Ruth Anderson, Chair of Personnel Committee at email@example.com.
Panama City, Florida
About our Organization: The Florida-Bahamas Synod, ELCA is a non-profit, faith-based organization consisting of 177 congregations throughout Florida and the Bahamas. As people of God, we seek to boldly share Christ, passionately make disciples, and faithfully do justice in our communities.
- Works with the Disaster Response Director and volunteers to assist a community recover from disasters
- Oversee the repair or rebuild of client homes to a safe, sanitary, secure, and functional condition within the guidelines and expectations of the LTRG
- Conduct project inspections and procure estimates for labor and materials
- Secure all components needed to complete home repair projects including timely acquisition of materials, equipment, and tools
- Coordinate and supervise the work of all volunteers and contractors to ensure safety, quality workmanship and high moral to complete the project in a timely manner
- Assist disaster survivors in home repair, providing guidance, supervision, technical advice, and expertise
- Coordinate the efforts of volunteers, contractors, and inspectors to complete the projects in a timely manner
- Orient volunteers to project expectations and assign specific jobs according to their skills and abilities
- Maintain accurate records of construction progress and financial accounts for each project
- Complete all essential documentation and reports, including home repair agreements
- Demonstrate and teach construction skills and techniques to volunteers and disaster survivors
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in general construction
- Basic knowledge in plumbing, electrical and HVAC
- Working knowledge of local and International Building Code
- Modest computer skills including the MS Office suite
- Experience supervising construction projects
- Problem solving experience
- Experience estimating construction projects
- Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnic and religious background
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Miami
- Lead congregational singing for our Sunday 10AM service on organ.
- Select repertoire for, rehearse, and accompany the choir. Current rehearsals are at 9:30AM.
- Select hymns for the service basing them of the readings for that Sunday.
- Accompany the Sunday Spanish Language service at Noon. This is on the piano.
- Select hymns and special music for each week.
- Additional services are: Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday
Negotiable based on education and experience beginning at $13,000/yr. Two Sundays vacation per year.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Hope Lutheran Church, The Villages
We have an opportunity for an individual who will be responsible for internal and external communications as well as promotion of church activities and ministries on social media. This is a full time position. College degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred. Visit our website at hope2all.org for full job description.
This is a full time position with benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Send resumes to Bob Franceski at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mark by the Sea Lutheran Church and Pre- School
Position is full-time salaried: Candidate will possess strong organizational skill; cooperative management and classroom experience; team building skills, as well as strong leadership and communications skills.
Minimum Requirements: 3-5 years’ experience in Early Childhood Education or a related field; possess all classroom and director certifications (including VPK); have working knowledge of ELC / DCF licensing agencies and regulations, school financials and budgets.
Salary based on experience
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or mail to:
St. Mark by the Sea Lutheran Church
303 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Palm Coast Florida, 32137
Attention: Rev. Vince Iocona
Joy Lutheran Church, Ocala
IMMEDIATE opening for experienced Choir Director of Adult and Handbell Choirs. Please contact Pastor Art Wuertz at (386) 453-9432 or the church office at (352) 854-4509.
Director of Music
Grace Lutheran Church, Ormond Beach
Grace is looking for a Director of Music who would be responsible for all aspects of the music program. We are a congregation with a long-standing appreciation of contemporary and traditional liturgical music. We have a modest music program that currently consists of a senior choir and a handbell choir. The successful candidate would have knowledge of music in a Christian and/or secular setting, and an understanding of Lutheran liturgy and choral directing. We currently have one service at 10:00am on Sundays, as well as special services during the various liturgical seasons of the year. Responsibility to play for funerals and weddings, if available, for additional compensation.
Instruments: Zimmer Opus 20 Digital 3 manual organ, Baby Grand Kawaii Piano, Upright Yamaha Piano, Handbells and Chimes(3 octaves) Bongo & Conga Drums.
Salary: The position is part time, approximately $20,000-$24,000 annually(commensurate with degree and experience), some benefits, free use of church facilities and instruments for teaching private lessons.
All applicants should send a cover letter with contact information and resume to Ms. Sue Underwood, Grace Lutheran Church, 338 Oceanshore Blvd., Ormond Beach, Fl. 32176 or E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rock of Ages Lutheran Church
Position Summary: The office manager provides comprehensive administration support to the Pastor, Church Council, and Ministry Team Chairpersons as they serve the mission of the congregation to share God’s love through Christ with all people.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a small office.
- Knowledge and use of QuickBook, WordPress, Servant Keeper, and Constant Contact.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at times.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
Click Here for the full Job Description
Contact Pastor Don Erickson at email@example.com
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
Position Summary: Gloria Dei is looking for a part time musician to play the organ, play the piano, direct the choir, and other musical offerings. The position requires availability for 9:30am Sunday services, one choir rehearsal weekly (during the program year), and occasional Holy Day services.
For further information and if interested in the position, contact Pastor Ed Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lamb of God Lutheran Church
Haines City, FL
Lamb of God Lutheran Church is currently seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper to join their team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for the church.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including by not limited to A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPP).
- Execute monthly payroll activities using 3rd. party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budgets vs. actual reports.
- Work closely with Treasurer and Financial Secretary to develop and analyze our annual organization budget.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Check the accuracy of business transactions.
- Obtain primary financial data for accounting records.
- Compute and record numerical data.
- Perform data entry.
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience in a bookkeeping/ accounting function (preferably with church or nonprofits)
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong QuickBooks skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management budgeting, and reporting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience going through a financial audit
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
For more information and to apply, contact Evelyn Brewer at email@example.com