Employment opportunities in Florida-Bahamas Synod and in Region 9
If you have an employment opportunity you’d like to add to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For other positions available throughout the ELCA, go to the ELCA career site.
Music Director – Part Time
Christ Our Redeemer
Temple Terrace, FL
Requirements and Qualifications for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in music
- Experience in vocal and handbell conducting and choir leadership
- Familiarity and understanding of the liturgy and liturgical forms used within the Lutheran tradition.
- Knowledge of appropriate church music (classical, contemporary, folk and gospel)
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work with and service the needs of individual and/or groups of church members, visiting musicians, and families preparing for weddings, funerals and memorial services.
Click here for the full description of requirements, salary,and benefits. For more information, and to send in your resume, please contact Vickie Sufka at email@example.com.
Intentional Interim CEO NovusWay, Inc.
NovusWay, Inc. is a progressive and growing outdoor ministry in the southeastern United States that includes the ecologically diverse camps and retreat centers of Lutheridge (North Carolina), Lutherock (North Carolina), Luther Springs (Florida), and Lutheranch (Georgia).
NovusWay, Inc. is looking for an Intentional Interim CEO to ensure the overall operations and ministries of the four NovusWay camps.
Click here for more information.
Choir Director – Atonement Lutheran Church
Wesley Chapel, Florida.
Atonement Lutheran Church in Wesley Chapel is looking for the right person to serve the Lord with our loving congregation as our Choir Director. This part time position would include the following activities:
-Assuming leadership in conducting, directing and rehearsing the choir prior to and during our 10 A.M. Sunday service.
-The ability to work with Lutheran liturgical settings, traditional and contemporary music.
-Choosing choir anthems for weekly Sunday worship and special music for seasonal services throughout the year.
-The flexibility to work with singers of different levels of musical ability and encourage them.
-Recruiting new choir members and seeking opportunities for the choir to perform outside of our church.
-Patience, understanding, and a good sense of humor would be very much appreciated by all choir members.
If you are interested, please contact our office at: 813-973-2211.
Minister of Music – Epiphany Lutheran Church
Epiphany Lutheran Church in Oviedo, FL is looking for a Minister of Music
This position will be part time, 10 to 12 hours per week.
Worship services to include both our 10:00 a.m. Sunday service and mid-week
services such as Advent, Holy Week, funerals and weddings.We require a
music degree or 5 years experience in a Christian church setting.
Must be proficient on a keyboard/piano, experience on an organ is a plus.
E-mail a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail a resume to: Epiphany Lutheran Church
1498 Tuskawilla Road
Oviedo, FL 32745
Office Administrator – Trinity Lutheran
New Smyrna Beach, Florida.
Trinity Lutheran is seeking someone to work 20-25 hours per week, who has a pleasant personality with strong listening and communication skills, who is able to keep information confidential and work with others, who is competent with the computer and Microsoft Office 365 suite, who has the capacity to learn Quickbooks (financial records) and Servant Keeper (database), and who is comfortable with social media. We are offering $18/hour or a rate commensurate with experience. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com by September 13. A full job description is posted on our website or can be obtained by contacting Pastor Tim via email.
For the full job listing, click here.
Synod Disaster Response Coordinators
Florida-Bahamas Synod ELCA
The Florida-Bahamas Synod has just finished redesigning the office of Disaster Relief for our state and the Bahamas. There are three areas these positions will focus on: Recovery – Coordinating resources (people and supplies) after a disaster in support of local relief agencies; Capacity Building – Providing training and materials for our churches to create both individual congregational plans and also teams from congregations to deploy out for post disaster response; and Ministry – Model and teach our teams how to practice the ministry of presence and appropriate prayer with disaster teams and the families directly affected by disasters.
There will be one Coordinator in the north part of the state and one in the south. These positions are deployed and the work schedule is very flexible given both the time of year and current needs. The Synod Disaster Coordinators will assist the Florida Bahamas Synod with building a disaster response infrastructure and implementing it throughout the state. The position is responsible for assisting the Synod and congregations to be prepared and readied to respond to disasters, ministering to those dealing with tragedy, and building capacity within our congregations to respond in times of need.
Click here for a complete job description.
Ready to apply? Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Music
Grace Lutheran Church, Ormond Beach
Grace is looking for a Director of Music who would be responsible for all aspects of the music program. We are a congregation with a long-standing appreciation of contemporary and traditional liturgical music. We have a modest music program that currently consists of a senior choir and a handbell choir. The successful candidate would have knowledge of music in a Christian and/or secular setting, and an understanding of Lutheran liturgy and choral directing. We currently have one service at 10:00am on Sundays, as well as special services during the various liturgical seasons of the year. Responsibility to play for funerals and weddings, if available, for additional compensation.
Instruments: Zimmer Opus 20 Digital 3 manual organ, Baby Grand Kawaii Piano, Upright Yamaha Piano, Handbells and Chimes(3 octaves) Bongo & Conga Drums.
Salary: The position is part time, approximately $20,000-$24,000 annually(commensurate with degree and experience), some benefits, free use of church facilities and instruments for teaching private lessons.
All applicants should send a cover letter with contact information and resume to Ms. Sue Underwood, Grace Lutheran Church, 338 Oceanshore Blvd., Ormond Beach, Fl. 32176 or E-Mail at email@example.com
Rock of Ages Lutheran Church
Position Summary: The office manager provides comprehensive administration support to the Pastor, Church Council, and Ministry Team Chairpersons as they serve the mission of the congregation to share God’s love through Christ with all people.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a small office.
- Knowledge and use of QuickBook, WordPress, Servant Keeper, and Constant Contact.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at times.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
Click Here for the full Job Description
Contact Pastor Don Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lamb of God Lutheran Church
Haines City, FL
Lamb of God Lutheran Church is currently seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper to join their team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for the church.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including by not limited to A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPP).
- Execute monthly payroll activities using 3rd. party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budgets vs. actual reports.
- Work closely with Treasurer and Financial Secretary to develop and analyze our annual organization budget.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Check the accuracy of business transactions.
- Obtain primary financial data for accounting records.
- Compute and record numerical data.
- Perform data entry.
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience in a bookkeeping/ accounting function (preferably with church or nonprofits)
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong QuickBooks skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management budgeting, and reporting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience going through a financial audit
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
For more information and to apply, contact Evelyn Brewer at email@example.com