Director of Music
St. Michael Lutheran Church, Wellington
St Michael Lutheran Church in Wellington, Florida, is a mission focused congregation that strives to be the hands and feet of Jesus within our community and beyond. We are searching for a part time Director of Music to lead and accompany (on piano/keyboard) music groups with the congregation and to implement vibrant new ways to praise God, deepen our faith, and inspire our witness utilizing Lutheran Liturgical traditions and contemporary expressions of the faith.
1. Direct and accompany choir rehearsal and warm-up practices to ensure that choir is prepared to sing with joyful confidence.
2. Recruit instrumentalists and vocalists of the highest caliber and secure their presence for all services on Christmas, Palm/Passion, and other services as decided with Pastor and Worship Team.
3. Rehearse with the instrumentalists, vocalists, and choir so all are sufficiently prepared to perform on the designated Sundays and/or days of worship.
4. Work with the existing Children’s Choir, recruit new children and youth, and incorporate instruments played into Children’s Choir repertoire.
5. Weekly worship planning meetings with the Pastor.
6. To coordinate with the Pastor, rehearse and direct special weekday services including Ash Wednesday, midweek Lenten worship services, Palm/Passion Sunday worship services, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve.
7. Select, order and inventory choral and instrumental music throughout the year.
8. Use our copyright licenses with CCLI, One License and Augsburg Fortress according to their guidelines.
9. Provide a list of preludes, postludes and offertories for publishing in the worship service bulletin to the church secretary by Tuesday of each week.
10. Serve as a member of the Worship Team.
11. Maintain pianos and other musical instruments belonging to the congregation by making recommendations for care to the Worship Team.
12. Perform at all weddings and funerals at the church, if possible. Fee schedule to be approved by the Worship Team.
13. Role is part-time for approximately 15 hours per week.
14. Director of Music reports directly to the Pastor and is ultimately held accountable to the Church Council.
1. Skilled at piano/keyboard and experienced in leading choirs and instrumentalists.
2. Bachelor’s degree in related musical field.
3. Faithful Disciple of Jesus
4. Strong internal and external communication skills, (phone, internet, social networks, newsletter).
5. Ability to work in a team environment.
Please send resume via email to: Pastorcooksmlc@gmail.com
Or by mail:
St Michael Lutheran Church 1925 Birkdale Drive Wellington, Florida 33414