Dear Brothers and Sisters of the Florida-Bahamas Synod:
The Florida-Bahamas Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America shall meet on September 17-19, 2021, at the Embassy Suites in Kissimmee, Florida. The Synod Assembly is the highest legislative authority of the Synod. The Assembly shall convene at 1:00 p.m. on September 17 for the purpose of:
- Conducting the election of synod council members and other offices as described in detail in a letter from the chair of the Nominations Committee, a copy of which can be found on our website (www.fbsynod.com),
- adopting the synod’s ministry spending plans,
- receiving and acting upon reports from ministry areas and agencies of the synod, and
- conducting other business as the synod council or assembly may deem necessary.
The theme for the assembly is “United Spirit, Diverse Body,” based on 1 Corinthians 12:12-14. Having missed the opportunity to gather in 2020 because of Covid-19, we are hoping for representation from every congregation for this Assembly.
Please note that all congregations may elect one Youth Voting Member between the ages of 15 and 22 in addition to the number of lay voting members as authorized by the constitution. In support of greater participation by youth, registration fees for youth voting members are always at a reduced rate.
The following pertinent assembly information will be available online at www.fbsynod.com under the Synod Assembly 2021 tab:
- Online Assembly and Hotel Registration Information
- Proposed Agenda
- Travel Equalization Guidelines
- Nomination Form ♦ Biographical Information
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS: Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 27, 2021.
Please join me in prayer for all those who are at work preparing for this important Synod Assembly. We look forward to sharing this opportunity to provide oversight of our mission and ministries, for learning, and for worshiping together.
In Christ’s Service,
The Rev. Dr. Ken Blyth, Secretary
Florida-Bahamas Synod ELCA