Employment opportunities in Florida-Bahamas Synod and in Region 9
If you have an employment opportunity you’d like to add to this page, please email email@example.com
For other positions available throughout the ELCA, go to the ELCA career site.
Concordia Lutheran Church
Concordia Lutheran Church in Micco Florida is looking for an Organist (piano) and Choir Director as a year round part time job.
Playing for one Sunday Service at 10:30 am and special services including Christmas Eve, Lent, Advent, Memorials and Weddings. The individual will also be responsible for music selection and directing the choir with one rehearsal per week from September through May.
For further information, please contact the Office Manager at Concordia Lutheran Church, 300 Barefoot Blvd, Micco Fl 32976. Phone: 772-664-1104 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours are from 9:00 to 11:00 am Monday through Thursday.
Youth Ministry Director
Faith Lutheran Church, Sarasota
Faith Sarasota-Job Description
This position requires solid character and good judgment as the position is responsible for leading, developing and supporting our youth in the values of Christian faith as taught by the Evangelical Lutheran Church (ELCA). A hands-on position requiring excellent planning, managerial and people skills to lead adult volunteers in all aspects of Faith youth programs. The position will interact with all functions of the church to integrate our youth and families into the broader church family.
- Embrace the whole youth as your flock to shepherd and aid.
- Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person related to youth ministry.
- Coordinate fund-raising activities that support special youth activities and trips.
- Regularly participate in weekly worship and fellowship. Encourage youth to do the same.
- Provide leadership into the integration of the youth, into worship and other ministry areas at Faith Lutheran Church with other churches and ELCA events.
- Ensure the teaching of sound theology as understood in the ELCA tradition.
- Provide work and service projects inside and outside of the congregation, including social responsibility of our youth.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain a personal relationship with youth and families, church staff including the Pastor through a variety of activities.
- Knowledge and comfort with use of personal computers and audio visual materials and equipment. Self motivated organization time management skills. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assist with Children’s talks during worship.
- Develop and administer the Youth Ministry Budget.
The position of Director of Youth Ministry requires great flexibility in hours available for work including daytime, evening, weekend and holidays. Furthermore it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of year.
The applicant should have a deep love for Jesus, a firm commitment to the church, as Christ’s body on earth, and a passion for helping youth and adults grow in their faith. Specific training in youth ministry and outreach, and/ora certification in youth ministry or teaching is preferred. The applicant should have at least 2 years of experience in Christian youth programs, preferably for ages 10 through 18. The applicant needs patience, an inquisitive mind, a love of kids, high energy, the ability to energize others, good organizational skills, and a desire to grow and learn in their own faith. The applicant must be a “team player” as she/he will be working with a staff team that considers all ministries of Faith Lutheran Church to be part of one common mission. A thorough background check will be part of the application and interview process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23,000.00 to $27,500.00 /year
Resumes should be submitted to: Shawna Turner (email@example.com)
Director of Community Engagement
Advent Lutheran Church, an ELCA congregation in Orange Park, FL, is looking to immediately hire a full-time, professional, energetic, articulate and charismatic person to nurture a growing and thriving Christian community.
- Helping to establish, implement and foster Christian community within Advent Lutheran Church, with an emphasis toward expanding that community in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area
- Working with and across all ministries at Advent, helping to ensure that teams are well-coordinated, that communications are consistent, and that needed adjustments are handled
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the Pastor, members of the church, and with members of the outside community to assess needs, and to formulate/implement strategies to meet those needs
- Facilitate/coordinate communications across all areas of ministry
- Manage the quality and content of the church’s marketing and social media presence
- Manage large projects/campaigns that require cross-team involvement
- Provide oversight on internal and external communications and publications to ensure consistency, quality and professionalism
- Lead and assist with various activities, with an emphasis on growing and strengthening relationships inside and outside the church community; especially focusing on young families, young adults and youth
- Encourage, inspire and facilitate active participation in worship, church ministries, and community outreach activities
- Have excellent spoken and written skills in the English language
- Have a warm, engaging and outgoing personality
- Work well in a team setting
- Be adept in the usage of modern technology (social media, computers/software, phone systems, etc.)
- Be willing to grow in the position; to educate and to learn from others
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant, related area of study (area of study requirement may be offset by relevant work experience)
- Professional work in marketing, advertising, public relations, social work not-for-profit and/or faith-based organizations
Salary range will be based upon education and relevant professional experience. Benefits are available for this position.
Advent is a well-established congregation, serving the Orange Park, FL area for over 50 years. Our membership is ready and eager to grow in our mission and ministry. This is a new position, and we feel that the person who fills it will be able to help shape our congregation and the role itself, growing together. Advent is a wonderful place to work, with a warm and welcoming staff.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and one our council members will be in touch as quickly as possible.
DIRECTOR FOR MUSIC (PART-TIME)
Grace Lutheran Church, Ormond Beach
The ideal candidate will be:
- Acquainted with liturgical worship
- Proficient in organ and piano
- Able to play in a variety of musical styles
- Comfortable with choir direction
- Good working with people
- A good team player
Competitive salary dependent on experience based on published guidelines for church musicians
See the full job description here: Ad Grace lutheran Church-updated
IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR a part-time Youth Director
Ascension Lutheran Church, Indian Harbour Beach
Ascension Lutheran Church, 1053 Pinetree Drive, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937 is looking for a passionate, energetic Christian to serve as our Director of Youth Ministry. This is a part-time position with a starting salary of $10,000-12,000/year. The Youth Director will be in charge of all youth programs (Grades 1-12). We are seeking an individual who has experience in Youth and Family Ministry or Youth Education. A musical background is also highly desirable. If you would like to help us continue to grow our Christian community through building relationships with young people and helping them mature in their faith journey, please send your resume to the above address or email to email@example.com
A copy of the position job description is available upon request. For additional information, you may contact the church office at (321) 773-1815