NovusWay Ministries, a program of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), is a progressive and growing outdoor ministry in the southeastern United States that includes the camp and retreat centers of Lutheridge (Arden, NC), Lutherock (Newland, NC), Luther Springs (Hawthorne FL), and Lutheranch (Tallapoosa GA). Its mission is to provide places set apart to inspire and empower all in Christ’s love.
While a particular religious affiliation is not required, the MARKETING & PR MANAGER must embrace the mission of Christian camping and be dedicated to working in a church-related organization. The MARKETING & PR MANAGER coordinates production and publication of online and electronic media and print collateral; oversees the NovusWay website and four child sites of the individual camp properties; plans and oversees multiple social media platforms; works closely with program and other staff in the development of marketing materials; and inspires others to get involved in NovusWay promotional activities at the level of both congregations and synods. The MARKETING & PR MANAGER is expected to work at the NovusWay home office in Arden, NC.
The ideal candidate will be an active listener and agile thinker, a self-starter and a strong communicator, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a knack for inspiring others to get involved. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in social media strategy and management, integrated content marketing, copywriting and graphic design, CMS website management and best practices (not technical development), and experience with multi-media marketing and advertising, including online, print, and video. The candidate must have demonstrated competence with Adobe Creative Suite software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
The MARKETING & PR MANAGER reports directly to the Executive Director and has the following responsibilities:
- Update the NovusWay website and child sites on a weekly basis, with original, optimized content
- Write and edit content for the NovusWay News and blog sections of the website
- Plan, monitor, and manage all social media accounts for the four properties, using Hootsuite to coordinate Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, with a focus on both reach and engagement
- Create and manage limited social media advertising campaigns to build awareness and drive program registrations
- Work with videographers to oversee production of marketing videos that tell the camp story to targeted audiences
- Develop Power Point presentations for use in donor relations, outreach efforts, and financial development
- Work with Programs Staff at camp properties to communicate with camper parents during summer camp, through recorded activities posted on YouTube and through Bunk One.
- Continually seek out new ways to promote participation in NovusWay programs and to increase site utilization
- Write outcome stories that profile campers and guests, and publish on various platforms, including website(s), social media, and eblasts.
- Coordinate staff presence at synod assemblies, synod leadership conferences, Women of the ELCA and Lutheran Men in Mission conventions, Outdoor School conferences and other conferences as needed.
- Enhance partnerships with Biltmore Estate and Grandfather Mountain, and explore new strategic relationships in the areas served by the camp properties
- Work closely with ELCA congregations:
- Make in-person visits to youth groups and temple talks
- Recruit and support summer staff in visiting congregations and youth groups for promotional purposes, and coordinate their visits with the congregations
- Communicate regularly with creators of synod and church-wide e-newsletters, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida-Bahamas, Southeastern Synods to promote programs, share updates, and distribute NovusWay news
- Create two main program brochures during the year, for Summer Programs and Non-Summer Programs
- Create and provide relevant promotional content for various programs to producers of the NovusWay LINK Newsletter
- Create and produce print fliers for programs as requested by programs staff
- Write and produce weekly eblasts to promote programs and to announce milestones to donors and subscribers
- Manage “Camp Sunday” promotion and materials, and supply Summer Brochure requests on a weekly basis
- Monitor literature at all NovusWay sites, ensuring that promotional materials are placed prominently and restocked as needed
- Photograph or arrange for photography of campers and guests at NovusWay sites
- Create, produce, and distribute non-denominational mailings, to promote summer, non-summer, youth and adult programs to churches outside the ELCA
Marketing Planning & Management:
- Manage the work of the Program Promo Group, and oversee plans developed with
program and registration staff
- Develop tri-annual promotional plans—Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall—for all four sites
- Include detailed weekly content marketing and promotional plans for each site, coordinating voice blasts, eblasts, synod e-news submissions, print fliers, and social media (all platforms)
- Regularly visit all NovusWay sites to collaborate on program promotion, public relations, and marketing
NovusWay provides a friendly and supportive working environment, with significant potential for career growth. Office space provided in the NovusWay home office. This position is responsible to the Executive Director, who will provide support to enhance performance through regular meetings.
NovusWay provides a computer and needed software. Computer, files, photographs, and programs shall remain the property of NovusWay.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The MARKETING & PR MANAGER position is a Category V employee (full time, non-emempt). Salary is commensurate with experience and proven effectiveness. Health, dental, and disability insurance provided at no cost to the Manager after 90 days of service. Vacation and other benefits, will be provided according the provisions of the established personnel policies.
The MARKETING & PR MANAGER is encouraged to improve skills through participation in annual continuing education, as defined in the personnel policies and annual operating procedures.