Guidebook will contain all documents pertaining to Synod Assembly. Bring your laptop, phone or tablet with you and access documents. Voting will be with voting machines this year, not with mobile devices.
To Access App
- Navigate to guidebook.com/getit on your device’s web browser.
- OR Go to the app store and search for “Guidebook.”
- Follow the prompts on your screen and the app will download.
To Access Materials
- Now that you have the Guiebook app, you want to download the guide to your event.
- Open up the Guidebook app on your device to get started. Note: Internet access is required for this step.
- Use the Search box to type in Florida-Bahamas Synod Assembly 2016 in the guide bar at the top.
- Tap on the contextual Menu button (looks like three vertical squares) or swipe screen from right to left.
- Tap on any icon to access the content within.
Desktop, Windows, non-Blackberry 10 users
- On your phone’s web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.), type in guidebook.com/browse/
- Click on the search bar below “Select a Category”. Type in Florida-Bahamas Synod Assembly, and tap on “Search” or “Return” in the bottom right of your keyboard. View the results, and click on your event to download!
- Note: If you are able to download a native app for your phone, a small “Get the Guidebook app” banner will appear at the top of your screen. Click this to download the native app.
3. Navigating your Guide
You’ve downloaded the Guidebook app and the guide to your event – awesome! Now, it’s time to dive into the fun part: exploring your guide.
General Navigation and Searching:
- For iOS devices: Swipe the screen from right to left to access additional pages of icons and content. If there are no more pages, swiping will have no effect. Swipe from left to right to access prior pages, and swipe your page from top to bottom (for Guidebook versions 3.2+. For versions <3.2, continue swiping left to right) to view the global search feature (type in any word or phrase to search for it within the Guidebook app). Tap any icon to access the content within.
- For Android: Tap the icon in the top left of your screen to access the content drawer. Scroll down to see all guide icons and content. Tap any icon to access the content within or touch the icon once more to hide the drawer. The content drawer is accessible at any time by tapping this icon in the top left of your screen. The Android search functionality largely depends on the device’s native hardware buttons:
– For devices that have a hardware “search” button (typically a magnifying glass icon), simply tap this button while in the app to perform a search
– For devices lacking a “search” button, but containing a “Menu” button, just tap the “Menu” icon to load the contextual menu. Here, select “Search Guide” to perform a search
– For devices with neither of the above, tap on the contextual menu button on the top right-hand side of the screen (looks like three squares stacked vertically), then tap the “Search Guide” option to do a search
- All other devices: Scroll down to view the icons and content within the guide. Tap on any icon to load its details! Use the web browser’s built-in back button to navigate back within a guide, and use the built-in “Find” function to search for any information on page. Unfortunately, the m.guidebook.com version offers limited search functionality compared to the native application.