It’s Time to Start Thinking about the 2018 Youth Gathering in Houston!!
Florida-Bahamas Synod Gathering Coordinator: Chris Dickman
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some places to look for information about the Gathering:
Updates and e-newsletter: sign up for the monthly e-newsletter from the Gathering (gNews) by visiting www.elca.org/gathering
Follow on Social Media
- on Twitter: @elcagathering
- On Instagram: @elcagathering
The Youth Gathering Leadership Team is hosting webinars about different topics between now and the Gathering. Check out the schedule below, and join a live webinar or watch a recorded webinar to stay informed.
Webinars (go to www.elca.org/gathering to sign up for a webinar or to view a webinar)
- April 6th- Volunteering
- August 10th- Getting Ready Materials
- September 14th- Registration
- October 12th- MYLE
- November 9th- The tAble
- December 14th- Synod Day
- January 11th- Community Life
- February 8th- Interactive Learning
- March 8th- Mass Gathering
- April 12th- Service Learning
- May 10th- Transportation
Important Dates to be aware of:
- May 15—volunteer application opens
- July 15—volunteer application closes; financial aid application opens
- September 15—registration opens; early bird rate applies
- November 16—regular registration rate applies
- January 26-29, 2018—Youth Ministry Network Extravaganza in Houston
- February 15, 2018—late registration rate applies
- May 15, 2018—registration closes; all payments due
- June 24, 2018—MYLE begins; the tAble begins
- June 27, 2018—Youth Gathering begins
This Changes Everything
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:8)
Grace is a foundational and distinctive piece of the Lutheran faith. This gift, undeserved and freely given, changes lives and perspectives as people realize they are enough because of what Christ has done and are called into the world to serve their neighbor and share the good news.
The logo is a visual representation of the theme and the 2018 Gathering experience. It incorporates the coming together of a mosaic to reflect the diverse host city of Houston, as well as the idea that we are a church where all are imperfect and incomplete, yet we each belong in – and have an important place in – God’s masterpiece. The cross at the center of the logo is the focus – it is God’s grace, through Christ’s life, death and resurrection, that changes everything for all people.
Chris Dickman is the 2018 Gathering Synod Coordinator. You can reach Chris with questions by emailing email@example.com.