What is a conference?
The congregations of the Florida-Bahamas Synod are organized into 15 conferences that are coordinated by a Dean and a Chair. The conferences are to foster interdependent relationships among congregations, institutions, and synodical and churchwide units for mission purposes. The purpose and function of each conference includes:
- studying the Holy Scriptures and Christian doctrine and promoting such study within the congregations;
- quickening and deepening the spiritual life of rostered ministers and laypersons;
- cultivating Christian fellowship;
- providing a forum for discussing matter of local interest and concerns;
- discussing the mission of this church;
- supporting the total program of this church and of this synod, including responsible involvement in meeting the financial needs for the mission of this church and this synod; and
- serving as a working unit of this synod to promote the mission of this synod and this church in that conference and among conferences.