A day of reflection, worship, and renewal for every congregation council member or leadership team member, and every faithful disciple from all synod congregations. Bishop Suarez urges you to commit to one of these events as part of your Lenten discipline. The day will include a powerful Eucharistic worship service involving the renewal of consecration/ordination vows for rostered ministers and the blessing and distributing of chrism oil used in pastoral care.
This year, the discussion time before worship will be an opportunity to hear from Bishop Suarez about his emerging vision for ministry in this synod. Together, through mutual listening and dialogue, all participants will discuss the challenges and opportunities facing congregations today, reflect together on the common call to ministry through our baptism, and consider the resources God has already given us to infuse our ministries with vitality through leadership development, appreciation of diversity, and interdependence on one another.
ROSTERED MINISTERS VEST…COLOR OF THE DAY IS PURPLE.
WHEN AND WHERE?
- February 24 – Peace, Ft. Myers
- March 10 – Salem, Orlando
- March 17 – St. Michael’s, Wellington
- March 24 – Messiah, Panama City
- Gather at 9:00 a.m. for fellowship and a light breakfast. (Donations may be made on-site.)
- Bishop’s Conversation with Q & A at 9:30 a.m.
- Chrism Eucharist at 11:00 a.m. Worship includes consecration of the chrism (oil) used in synod congregations at baptism as a sign of our unity. Rostered ministers will renew their call to ministry before all God’s people. An offering will be taken for the ELCA Campaign (focus: leadership).
Watch this video to learn more about the ELCA Campaign’s 2018 focus of leadership:
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Click on your preferred venue above to be taken to the RSVP page. Although there is no cost for these events, a $5 donation for breakfast is appreciated.